1. In a jug or bowl, combine stock, balsamic vinegar, garlic and cracked black pepper.
2. Place lamb into a large snap lock bag, or non-metallic bowl, pour over marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
3. Remove lamb from marinade and cook, on a preheated BBQ, char-grill plate or frying pan, for about 2 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
For Spinach and Rice Salad:
1. Place stock into a medium saucepan, stir in rice. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until rice is tender and stock absorbed.
2. Place rice into a large serving bowl, stir in onion and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Add baby spinach and almonds.
3. In a jug or bowl, combine oil and lemon juice, season to taste with pepper. Pour over rice salad and toss gently to combine. Serve with lamb steaks.