- 1 cup dried brown or green lentils
- 4 large French trimmed lamb shanks
- 1L (4 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Salt Reduced Beef
- 420 g Campbell’s Tomato Condensed Soup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 500mL (2 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock – Chicken
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place lentils and lamb shanks in a large casserole dish. Combine soup, Salt Reduced Beef stock, brown sugar and oregano, pour over lamb. Cover and bake for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until lentils and lamb are tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile place potatoes and garlic cloves into a saucepan. Add Chicken stock, bring to the boil then reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Drain, reserving about 1/3 cup stock. Return potatoes and garlic back to the saucepan add reserved stock, a little at a time, and mash until smooth and creamy.
- Pile mash onto plates, spoon over the lentils and place the shanks on top. Finally drizzle with some of the sauce and serve with a fresh green salad.
Tip: For a twist stir in 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar into the lamb shank casserole just before serving.