- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 brown onions, halved, finely diced
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 long red chillies, halved lengthways, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) Campbell’s Real Stock- Vegetable
- 1 tbs mixed spice
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until they begin to pop. Add canned tomatoes, onions, chillies, vinegar, Campbell’s Real Stock, sugar and mixed spice, and stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a medium simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour, or until excess liquid evaporates and mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a clean container with a lid. Refrigerate. Serve on top of your favourite steak.
TIP: Can last refrigerated for 1 month.