- 1 tbs olive oil
- 80g eye bacon, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Campbell’s Real Stock - Chicken
- 250g fettucini
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 mls light thickened cream
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 cup (50g) grated parmesan, plus extra to serve (Optional. Don’t add for a lighter option)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat, add the bacon and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes until bacon starts to crisp. Add Campbell’s Real Stock and cook for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan to packet instructions.
- Lightly whisk egg yolk and cream in a bowl.
- Add the parsley to bacon and mushrooms, stir well to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add the cream mixture and parmesan. Gently toss pasta and sauce together to combine – the pasta's heat will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce. Season, then serve with extra parmesan and parsley to taste.
*This recipe is lighter by swapping 1 cup of cream for 1 cup of stock