- 2 ½ tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 tbs Moroccan seasoning blend
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbs currants
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup long grain rice
- 250 ml (1 cup) Campbell’s Real Stock- Vegetable
- 1 tbsp fresh flat- leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a fry pan over medium- high heat. Add nuts. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add Moroccan seasoning blend. Stir until well combined. Remove nuts and place on a plate.
- Soak currants in lemon juice and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil to a medium saucepan, add onions, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high. Add remaining oil and rice to saucepan. Stir to coat rice with oil. Add Campbell’s Real Stock and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 15- 20 minutes, or until rice has absorbed stock.
- Stir in nut mixture, currants and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
- Spoon into bowls. Serve as a side dish or for lunch the next day.
CHEFS TIP: If you are unable to find Moroccan seasoning blend, make some yourself. In a bowl combine 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp ground coriander and 1 tsp smoked paprika. Seasoning that is left over store in a zip lock bag in the pantry.