Manu's Real Recipe
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 8 (about 1.5kg) veal osso bucco
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups Campbell’s Real Stock – No Added Salt Beef
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- ½ cup dry white wine
Lemon and herb Topping
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon rind, shredded
- 60g of fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole pot over high heat. Dust the osso bucco pieces in flour. Add them to the casserole pot, cook for 2 mins each side or until brown. Remove from pot and transfer to a plate. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until the onion softens. Add tomatoes, stock, wine and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Return the osso bucco to the pot, bring to the boil, then return to a simmer.
- Cover with lid, simmer for 30 mins. After 30 mins remove the lid and cook for a further hour or until osso bucco is falling off the bone. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, for the topping, combine parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs and lemon in a small bowl.
- To serve, sprinkle Manu’s Real Osso Bucco with lemon and herb topping and serve with mashed potato cooked with stock.
Tip: for a thicker sauce, remove the osso bucco after the cooking time and bring the sauce to the boil until it reduces to your desired thickness.